Sunday, November 02, 2008

yesterday was another hard one

it's not normal to see my husband cry. But, yesterday was one of those days.

we loaded up Mary Jane into our van, man how she does love to ride! She enjoyed the trip to meet the new people that were going to be her owners now.

when we got to the parking lot, it was easy to get Mary Jane out, and she even jumped in the back of their truck.

we all tried so hard not to cry.

when we decided it was time to leave, Mary Jane jumped out of the truck & chased after us. It was one of the most heartbreaking things I've seen.

the people that she is with seem really nice, and I hope that they love her already.

there were tears shed on the way home. There's nothing like giving up something you love so much because you know it is the right thing to do, to make you cry.

I hope Mary Jane did well last night in her new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I are hurting with you. Breaking that bond between you and Mary Jane was heart-wrenching for all of you. We hope you will be able to keep up with how she's doing.

K said...

I sent an email to the new owners, but haven't heard back. I'm sure they are busy with church & all..I will let everyone know when I hear from them :o)