Tuesday, November 04, 2008

a very busy election day

I won't dare talk about the election today, or how I feel about the votes...instead I'm going to focus on what went on here....

I have a dear friend that is having to go out of town for a family issue & she asked me to watch after things, and it made me feel good to be needed, you know?

so, the children & I went over & did our little bit there (did I mention I'm getting to drive her really super nice car while she's gone? yep!) It was a great fun time :)

afterward, I came home & cut my hair for LOCKS OF LOVE. It's been almost (about, just over, around) 3 years since I felt led by the Lord to grow my hair out for it. I just knew that somewhere there was someone that would even need hair like mine...

I let the children join in on the fun.......they were shaking to cut off about 10" of my hair (when it's straightened, wet, etc).......you can see in their pics how excited they were to cut it....

and you also see my new look.

I am not a beautiful woman by any means......but I can't remember the last time I felt like one. I honestly feel so uber happy to have reached this major goal of mine........and I thank God for it.

here are the pics.......





































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm very impressed! You should feel beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps not beautiful by false Hollywood standards, but you are adorably cute (that lovely nose!) -- AND you've done a beautiful thing so that makes you beautiful in a God's Princess sort of way (which is worth much more than Hollywood's silly version of "beauty"). :o)