Monday, November 10, 2008

Fireproof....have you taken the love dare?












Yesterday, our church (as well as some other churches in our community) gave away tickets to see the latest Kirk Cameron movie "FIREPROOF".


my little clan here had the opportunity to go see it (of course it was the last showing & we didn't get home until after mid-night...). It was so worth it! It was soooooo worth being out at midnight, in the cold, with soooooo many people!


I have a problem with crowds. I get nervous & sweaty & feel like I'm going to throw up. It's terrible. Last night was no exception. There were more people in that little place than you can imagine. Think Disney. Yep. That's what (I imagine) the crowds at Disney are like. LOL.


Kirk Cameron has not only matured as an actor, he's seasoned. He did a terrific acting job, as did every single person in this movie. There wasn't a 'bad apple' in the bunch. I won't ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it.......but I want you to know you will laugh, and cry, and laugh again.....thru the whole movie. And NO ONE had to die to get their point across, either. (another plus in my book!)


I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but Kirk Cameron's wife Chelsa was flown in & he actually kissed HER.....not the actress. You can learn more about him
video interview with Kirk about the movie.
this movie was made up of volunteers & Kirk didn't get paid himself, instead had donations made to Camp Firefly, one of his ministries
you can read more about that
and
this movie was one of the best movies I've ever seen in my whole life. He is an amazing actor that is not ashamed of what God has done for him, and done in his life. I admire him a great deal.....in this day & time to have someone so far above reproach as this is a jewel. I pray for many blessings to his family, his ministry, and of course this movie! I pray that many marriages are saved, as are many souls........great, great, (X's a million) great movie!
along with this movie, they were handing out books (you learn more about that in the movie) called Love Dare. Wednesday night, I'm praying the pastor has more so that I can take the "LOVE DARE" myself. I will let you know, if I happen to get the book & will work thru it's pages in this blog.
have a wonderful day! :-)





you can learn more about the LOVE DARE book here
http://www.thelovedarebook.com/

0 comments: