Friday, October 31, 2008

pish posh

this week has been a very unusual one, for sure.

My groom, who normally goes to college during the day (MWF) and works 2nd shift at night, has been laid off from work this week.

It's been wonderful having him here despite the worry of finances, for example he went to church with us Wednesday night (he hasn't been able to go due to work for all these years!) I do enjoy having him sitting next to me, arm around my back, stroking my long hair from time to time...hugging me up from time to time..sigh. It just feels better having him there with me.

poor dear, he acts like he doesn't know what to do with himself. He's worked all his life & being off from work is as foreign to him as duckfeet on me would be. At least, he has been able to rest, and I know he needs it with working full time, and going to college part time..whew. He gets in about 11:30 PM and is gone by 8:00 AM the next morning on MWF's. That's not too much sleep for someone that enjoys it as much as my groom does. Man, he makes me so jealous of his sleeping abilites! I never have been one to sleep much, so I'm always in awe of someone that sleeps so well!!!!!! My Supergirl inherited his deep abiding love of all things sleep....in a contest I dare say it would be a close call between the two as to who is the better sleeper. Wonderboy & I sleep very little. We are afraid we will miss something, I guess..LOL

my groom is the most honorable man I have ever met. He came into my life at just the right time. He saved my life. I'm not just saying that, either. When he & I met I was raising Supergirl & Wonderboy all alone, and bless my heart I didn't even weigh 100 lbs soaking wet. I don't know what he saw in me, but I thank God he saw it.

he came into our lives, and he is such a wonderful husband, and Dad to the kids. He treats them just like they are his biological children. They've never known their biological father, he deserted them (well, all of us) for meth..and he never looked back or ever even acknowledged their existance, or the fact we were ever even married......it use to break my heart for them, for us..and then my groom came along & we all fit in together so well that it makes me glad that that bum deserted us all like he did so that we could all be a real family....

my groom is a Godsend. An answer to my prayers. Thank you God for him.....
_______

in other news..

I started cutting material for my step FIL's quilt. I'm not going to try & finish it until Mary Jane goes to her new home tomorrow. She just is like the rest of 'em wanting to know what I'm doing, wanting to shed hair...LOL.....so, I will wait until she is home to pull it all out again.

it's going to seem so strange for her to be gone. She's just the sweetest dog, and if we had room, and the funds, we'd keep her. But, this lady that is getting her seems really nice, and Mary Jane likes having other dogs around, and she has other dogs, so I'm praying it's a good fit for them all. Lord knows she's been shuffled around enough that she deserves her happy ending.

in knitting news, I started on Granny Marie's shawl :) I'm hoping to be finished with it soon :) will update as I can!

0 comments: