Wednesday, January 28, 2009

what title?

I don't really know what to title this, so I've titled it 'what title'....by now you know I ramble...soooooooooooooo......

Math. I love math. Did I ever tell you that? I'm always trying to figure numbers in my head & I always do math on paper...there's just something about it......maybe that's why I love using charts when I knit...I get to count blocks....LOL

My groom & I prayed about it for a long time & decided (after doing the math) that we would indeed buy the children a Wii. When you figure what we spend in entertainment a year it was cheaper, and we also have a lot of games that came with the system. Did they have to have it? Or even really NEED it? No, but sometimes being Mom and Dad means saying "yes" to something that isn't a have to/need to basis. It wasn't taken lightly, and we wanted to make sure other finances wouldn't suffer...so we waited until now to do it.

they love it.

I can't describe how wonderful it feels to know that for once they have a 'lovey' that is something 'fun'. I am so thankful that God made a way for us to pay for it. I thank God for it.

We also have the finances to where we are praying about whether to stay here or move to another place in our area......if we stay here, we will pay up until towards the end of the year so that we won't have rent to worry about, and if we move it will mean the same thing. We are praying and praying and waiting for God to move.....for now, it's being saved.

I officially have finished paying for my spinning wheel that I have been saving forever on. I'm not stretching it by much, it has been a long time of putting back 5 and 6 dollars sometimes at a time...LOL......but it's paid for, and I'm just waiting for it to get here. I am so thankful that God sent me enough web work/yarn work so that I could pay for all but $70 of it myself. I didn't have to 'get' but that from my groom. I feel like a big girl having done (most of) it myself.

please be in prayer our van doesn't cost a lot to fix. My groom is going to take it to get the wiper fixed because the driver side wiper not working is very dangerous & I'm frankly tired of missing things because we can't drive to/from because of our wiper.......never mind that the passenger side door doesn't work, and I usually have to either climb thru the drivers side, or the sliding door & with dresses on that doesn't come easy! LOL LOL LOL.......but at least the horn works.....sometimes the radio doesn't.....LOL my life is so funny. We can't help but giggle.

I am blessed to be married to a man that is as frugal as can be with money. Neither one of us go on big shopping sprees or anything like that......when our tax refund check comes in we both know that a good 3/4 of it (if not more) is going to go & pay bills. In this day & time it's just better to go ahead & pay for living expenses, so no new living room suites or bedroom suits...just the Wii......and that's okay by me....I am just so happy that we were able to do this for them.

I wish that the Lord would see fit to move us out of here, but I don't get the feeling that will be the case....just thinking about 2 more years here sometimes seems unthinkable....I just hate it so here.......but then again, God knows best and I will not question Him.

my step brother is still in ICU, but he's doing better. Thanks for all the prayers....keep 'em coming for him. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to testify to his girlfriend, and I also wrote him a testimony letter......I didn't get to say it to him, so I wrote it to him. His girlfriend was really receiving and I'm praying that something I said hit home. It's always so scary for me to do that, but I'm thankful that I did.

0 comments: