Thursday, November 20, 2008

Love Dare Day 8

Love Dare
Day 8
Love is not jealous
"...love is as strong as death, it's jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire..."
-Song of Solomon 8:6 NIV
Jealousy is one of the strongest drives known to man. It comes from the root word for zeal and means "to burn with an intense fire."
...jealousy is a common struggle. IT is sparked when someone else upstages you & gets something you want. This can be very painful depending upon how selfish you are...
If you're not careful...it can poison you from living the life of love God intended.
...because love is not selfish and puts others first, it refuses to let jealousy in.
...it is time to let love, humility, and gratefulness destroy any jealousy that springs up in your heart. It's time you let your mate's successes dray you closer together and give you greater opportunities to show love.
TODAY'S DARE
DETERMINE TO BECOME YOUR SPOUSE'S BIGGEST FAN AND REJECT ANY THOUGHTS OF JEALOUSY. TO HELP SET YOUR HEART ON YOUR SPOUSE AND FOCUS ON ACHIEVEMENTS, TAKE YESTERDAY'S LIST OF NEGATIVE ATTRIBUTES AND DISCREETLY BURN IT. THEN SHARE WITH YOUR SPOUSE HOW GLAD YOU ARE ABOUT A SUCCESS HE OR SHE RECENTLY ENJOYED.
my dearest Boo,
it will not be hard for me to destroy that list....it was terribly hard to create it though....It was hard to do that, but I am happy to burn that page......*grins*
I am sorry if I have had any hidden jealousy for your success, or for how your past has seemed happier, or easier...please forgive me....I love you & I only want the best for you because that means the best for us too!
love
me

0 comments: