Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Love Dare Day 7



Love Dare
Day 7
"love believes the best"
...[love]believes all things, hopes all things.-1 Cor. 13:7
...in the deep and private corridors of yoru heart, there is a room. It's called the Appreciation Room....
...on the walls are written kinds words and phrases like 'dilligent worker'...'wonderful cook'...
or "beautiful eyes"...
they are things you've discovered...that have embedded themselves in your memory....
....down another darker corridor of your heart lies the Depreciation Room...and you unfortunately visit that room as well..on those walls are things that irritate you about yoru spouse....
Love knows about the Depreciation Room and does not live in denial that it exists. But LOVE chooses not to live there.
...you must develop the habit of reining in your negative thoughts and focusing on the positive attributes of your mate...it is a decision that YOU make whether THEY deserve it or not.
~~
TODAYS DARE:
For today's dare, get 2 sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few eminutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with the negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret palce for another day.
there is a different purpose and plan for each.
at some point of the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list & thank your spouse for having this characteristic.
my dear sweet Boo,
I am 7 days into this 'Love Dare' and I realize how blessed I am that you are the wonderful man that you are...even-more-so than I ever appreciated before.
there are so many positive things about you that I will have no problem filling out that 1st sheet of paper, but what about the 2nd? That is what is going to be hard!
now to write these things down & hide them in a secret place....you know me so well, I have no secret places, so this will be interesting! LOL
I love you!
me

0 comments: