Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Love Dare Day 6

Love Dare
day 6
"love is not irritable"
"...He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city...-Proverbs 16:32
...How easily do you get offended? Some people live with the moto
"never pass up an opportunity to get upset with your spouse".
ask yourself...are you a calming breeze or a storm waiting to happen?...
Why do people become irritable? There are at least 2 key reasons that contribute to it.
  1. stress
  2. selfishness

....life is a marathon, not a sprint....

The Bible can help you avoid unhealthy stress..

  • colossians 3:12-14
  • Philippians 4:6-7
  • Exodus 18:17
  • Proverbs 25:16

those are just a few examples :)

...love will lead you to forgive instead of holding a grudge...

TODAY'S DARE!

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in yoru marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation.

Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule, then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

my dear sweet Boo,

how I have gotten irritated due to stress here, and I am so sorry that I have fallen so short & have allowed worries over finances, breaking down of things upset me to the point that I've become irritated with it sometimes...to the point of being short with you. I'm so sorry!

I know that I need to take time & get away from the house sometimes, just to release the pressure cooker so to speak so that I won't get frustrated due to the stress, and I know that I also need to pray thru these situations more...harder....louder.....whatever it takes so that you will know that it's NOT YOU.....and so that I will stop being irritating.

I'm praying Lord, help me let go of the worries of our finances, our lack of presents for the children, our breaking down of stove problems.etc. Help me. I want my groom to know how precious, how special he is to me. He is my everything. My groom & my children are my life, LORD!

0 comments: