Monday, November 17, 2008

Love Dare Day 5

Love Dare
Day 5
"love is not rude"
...He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him.-Proverbs 27:14...
Nothing irritates others as quickly as being rude...As always love has something to say about this....
The bottom line is that genuine love minds it's manners.
...There are 2 main reasons why people are rude ignorance and selfishness ...Neither, of course, is a good thing....
Here are 3 guiding principles when it comes to practicing etiquette in your marriage:
  1. Guard the golden rule. Treate your mate the same way you want to be treated (see Luke 6:31)
  2. No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as you are to strangers & coworkers
  3. Honor requests. consider what your husband or wife already asked you to do. If in doubt, then ask.

~~

TODAY'S DARE:

Ask your spouse to tell you 3 things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.

  • what things did your spouse point out about you that need your attention?
  • How did you handle hearing it?
  • What do you plan to do to improve these areas?

my dearest Boo,

this is going to be the hardest day for me thus far because I know that sometimes I get you irritated with me because of my snide remarks. I almost 'dread' hearing/reading what 3 things you mention I need to work on, because I have more than plenty to draw from, you know that.

this study has opened my eyes so much. I wonder if you can tell?

0 comments: