- Guard the golden rule. Treate your mate the same way you want to be treated (see Luke 6:31)
- No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as you are to strangers & coworkers
- Honor requests. consider what your husband or wife already asked you to do. If in doubt, then ask.
Ask your spouse to tell you 3 things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.
- what things did your spouse point out about you that need your attention?
- How did you handle hearing it?
- What do you plan to do to improve these areas?
my dearest Boo,
this is going to be the hardest day for me thus far because I know that sometimes I get you irritated with me because of my snide remarks. I almost 'dread' hearing/reading what 3 things you mention I need to work on, because I have more than plenty to draw from, you know that.
this study has opened my eyes so much. I wonder if you can tell?