Thursday, December 18, 2008

what people pay for classes........

I admit it......

I read.......a lot......I read a lot of blogs....I read a lot of knitting blogs.......

that is all.

well, not yet.....

I was astounded to read on many of them about how they are taking classes to learn to do other things, and was even more so at the non-knitters what they are paying to take lessons....

now, I understand the need to make a little money.....I myself never charge for teaching anyone my crafts.......let alone $60 to teach someone how to knit 2-at-a-time socks........or $20 to learn how to cast on.....(really??? YOU ARE KIDDING ME!....20 bucks to learn how to cast on 2 or 3 different ways??? ) That just blows my mind.

why in the world charge SO much for these classes? Especially when someone can do like I did.....go to http://www.youtube.com/ and watch videos for free? Maybe I'm "Old school" and want to learn how to do things on my on.....but I couldn't for the life of me lay down 60 bucks to learn how to do something that can be learned for free.......

I just wish those that paid that lived close enough for me to teach for free. I hate that someone is charging for something that I'd teach for free.....but that's just the way the old cookie crumbles.

I'm not insulting the teachers, or even the students that have done this, I'm just SHOCKED at how expensive it is to LEARN a CRAFT...thank God people in our past hasn't charged to teach us or maybe knitting wouldn't be so popular, recon?