Thursday, November 13, 2008

Love Dare Day 1

Love Dare
Day 1
Love is patient
"....love is built on 2 pillars that best define what it is. Those pillars are patience and kindness......."
"....the Love Dare journey.it is a marathon not a sprint.but it's a race worth running....."
today's LOVE DARE>>>
for (today) resolve to demonstrated patience & say nothing negative to your spouse at all.
my dearest Boo,
today is day 1 of the love dare that I am doing. After seeing this wonderful movie with the family I was put under conviction of how badly I need to work on this. Our marriage is strong, and I know that we aren't in 'trouble' the way that the marriage was in this movie, but my dear I believe that no matter who we are, we can always learn to treat our mates better.
You are such a blessing of God to me. Every time I look at you, my heart still races! How excited I get whenever I know that I am going to see you! I know that some may find this silly, after 8 years together, but I am so happy that you're still the ONE. We are so blessed.
when I prayed about starting this LOVE DARE, I knew that I would have to (as they did in Josh. 3 when they were crossing into Jordan), move with faith, and let go of the past. I am not afraid of letting go of things I tried to hold onto......no longer will I worry that you will leave me like I've been left before......Lord knows I've tried you by fire long enough........(LOL). You are such an honorable man, and I don't say that lightly. You truly are. You inspire me to be not only a better human, but a better Christian. How I love you so.
I am so sorry for the countless times that I failed todays dare (before starting this love dare), and I know there will be times that (in being human) I will fail again....but just know, my dear heart.....that I love you more than I can say. You mean the world to me, and more. How thankful am I that I have you to love, and be loved by.
it is not even 9:00 AM, and I'm excited to do today's dare. I wonder if you will be able to tell I'm doing it? LOL
I love you!
me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what I want in a husband whenever God decides to deliver him.

K said...

keep the faith, Suzanne....He will come in just the nick of time. Surely, if I know nothing else I KNOW THIS!

know that I am praying for you on this regard, dear one!

K said...

I completed this dare!

it asked (in the book) if anything happened today to cause anger towards your mate...etc?

It didn't! There wasn't a time that I had to fight the temptation to think disapproving thoughts and let them come out in words.

there was this thing when we were cooking supper together...he just doesn't "Get" my timing....and sometimes he thinks I've forgotten to put the bread in.....but I didn't! :) He was worried, and normally I may have "mocked/joked" him about it, but I didn't. There was no need in making him feel silly.